New tips & tricks from an expert in professional cleaning services!
Did you know that bathrooms need to be cleaned last? Or that you should vacuum into the room, not starting from the corners and finding your way out? These are just two very useful tips & tricks from an expert in professional cleaning services, that he was kind enough to share with us.
He works with Home & Business Services – HBSOnTime.com, a family-owned local company operating in the Greater Fredericksburg Area, VA. Apart from professional cleaning services (residential, commercial, air ducts, windows, carpets), they also offer handyman services, home maintenance, and turnkey services.
But coming back to the main topic of this article, here are the most interesting tips & tricks the Virginia-based expert in professional cleaning services shared with us:
- Bathrooms should be cleaned last. “Many people like to start with bathrooms, just so they can say they’re over with them. However, they should be first, so that you avoid cross-contamination”, says the professional cleaning services specialist.
- Vacuum into the room, not out of it. “Our mothers taught us to start vacuuming in the corners or the furthest part of the room and then finding our way out. However, this is wrong. If you vacuum into the room and then find your way out, you will go over the high-traffic areas twice and you will hit the most walked-on spots two times”, he explains.
- Always declutter before you clean. “It goes without saying, but before you start cleaning, you should remove the big objects first, so that you don’t clean around them or place them on a wet surface right after you clean. This could leave unpleasant ring marks”, the Home & Business Services employee says.
- A toothbrush can come in handy. “A toothbrush isn’t only for brushing your teeth, but it can become a really useful tool for hard-to-reach spots while cleaning. It’s really handy and, of course, inexpensive”, says another piece of advice from the expert in professional cleaning services.
- Microfiber cloths are the best. All professionals agree that microfiber is the best material for cloths, followed by something 100% cotton. However, polyester and terrycloth don’t make this list.
- Cleaners work if you let them set. “Lemon juice and vinegar might be used for cleaning, but store-bought solutions will always work better. However, you should let them set before wiping or cleaning the surface, for maximum efficiency”, the Virginia-based cleaner argues.
- Drapes shouldn’t be vacuumed, just cleaned. Maybe you’ve heard of people who vacuum their drapes, to clean them better. However, the correct solution is this: hit them with a towel, then vacuum the dust from the floor instead. It’s much easier this way!
- The correct order is to vacuum, then mop. Last but not least, the expert in professional cleaning services says that you should vacuum first, then mop. “It goes without saying, but this is the right way to do it. I’ve seen people do it the other way! Therefore, just as you sweep before you mop, you should also vacuum beforehand!”, he says.